|Motorola introduces RAZR2|
|Date: 15 May 2007|
Motorola today invited the world to experience the evolution of the RAZR brand as it unveiled RAZR2, the ultimate iconic feature phone. Available July 2007 in several markets, the next-generation device packs cutting-edge features such as CrystalTalk™ technology, up to 2GB of on-board memory, Web browsing, real-time point-to-point video and ultra-fast menu navigation, all packed into a slimmer, stronger, sleeker design.|
Slimmer yet stunning
* Thin is (still) in -- Motorola made the RAZR2 profile even sharper, shaving two millimeters from the original RAZR.
* Big is beautiful -- Greatly enhanced dual screens give consumers the largest-in-its class 2.0” external screen for crisp picture caller ID3 and readable texts and a 2.2” internal screen with twice the resolution of the original RAZR.
* Materials matter -- To further beautify this sought-after icon, Motorola incorporated a seamless casing, a soft touch back and a stunning vacuum metal front finish.
Stronger yet sleeker
* Strong as steel -- At the core of RAZR2 is a stainless steel internal frame to provide strength and durability.
* Not even scratching the surface -- The huge exterior lens is made with chemically hardened glass to be more scratch resistant.
* An open and shut case -- Motorola tested the cast aluminum hinge in more than 100,000 lab tests to help ensure that every time a customer flips open the device, it will work perfectly.
Smarter yet simpler
* Going global -- The RAZR2 family’s three new handsets – V9 (3G HSDPA), V9m (EVDO CDMA) and V8 (GSM) - will be available to users of all three major technology networks.
* Software smarts -- Some versions of RAZR2 will run Linux/JavaTM5, giving Motorola entry to the next generation of mobile architecture.
* More intelligent interface -- The RAZR2 V8 has a completely redesigned User Interface (UI) so consumers can search contacts even faster. This eliminates duplicate entries for the same person while allowing contacts to have multiple numbers. The main menu is customizable, so consumers are never more than 2-3 clicks away from favorite applications, and even messaging is easier; RAZR2 automatically recognizes what type of message consumers are sending.
* Speed thrills -- With the new ARM 11 processor1, processing speed is 10 times faster than the original RAZR and with high-speed USB 2.0 it only takes 2-3 seconds to transfer a song.
* Now hear this -- Motorola’s innovative CrystalTalk™ technology on the RAZR2 automatically adjusts audio to ensure clear calls even in a noisy environment.
* It answers back -- RAZR2 V8 “talks” to consumers by speaking the interactive menu, contact lists, emails and messages aloud -- a feature developed for people with visual impairments, but convenient for in-car use6 or when you are on the go.
* Tempting texts -- Without even opening the phone, RAZR2 users can rely on the large external screen to read messages and reply with pre-programmed text messages.
* Play on -- With up to 2GB of memory, the new RAZR2 rocks with stereo Bluetooth® wireless technology and enough storage for approximately 1,000 songs8.
* Manage with ease -- Microsoft Windows® Media Player 11 compatibility helps consumers easily purchase, synchronize and transfer their music library to their RAZR2 in only a few minutes. In some models music can be downloaded over the air at near-broadband-like wireless data speeds.
* Good vibrations -- The external display incorporates Motorola’s breakthrough “haptics” technology, which provides users with vibrating feedback in response to their finger taps. This, combined with the virtual music keys, allows the user to effortlessly control their music.
* Just browsing -- The Web-browsing experience, including a full HTML browser, in the new RAZR takes advantage of its stellar internal display and high-speed wireless data connections for faster, bigger and richer surfing. Built-in email functionality gives easy, PC-like access to both personal and corporate email accounts.
* Better mobile search -- Debuting on the RAZR2 family of devices, Motorola has incorporated Google’s powerful new mobile search experience, which helps users quickly and easily get the information they need, bringing them highly relevant results with an absolute minimum of clicks and enabling them to add frequently accessed content to their Google homepage.
* Picture this...and this -- The multi-shot feature on the handset’s 2.0 megapixel camera automatically snaps up to eight new pictures so users can choose the best image from a complete series of pictures.
* Watch this, real-time -- A new real-time wipoint-to-point video feature allows another reless customer to “See What I See” while a voice call is in progress. Consumers can also store up to 2 hours of video4 footage on the device.
Expected to launch in July, consumers can immediately pre-order RAZR2 at www.motorola.com and be among the first in the world to experience the next RAZR. For specific regional availability and pricing, contact your local Motorola representative.
|View the News Archive for: 2007, 2006, 2005|