|Four new mobile phones from Nokia|
|Date: 28 November 2006|
At Nokia's annual Capital Market Days taking place in Amsterdam today, Nokia announced four new mobile phones including three mid-range models - the Nokia 6300, Nokia 6290 and the Nokia 6086 - as well as the Nokia 2626 targeted to consumers in entry markets.|
Nokia 6290 Smartphone - advanced technology made simple
The Nokia 6290 smartphone combines the collective power of S60 3rd Edition and 3G in an easy-to-use, attractively designed package. It supports a number of practical new features, multiple alarms and handy Quick Cover access keys which enable instant access to a wide range of the device's useful features, including an interactive world travel application.
The suite of standard features includes:
- 2 megapixel camera with 4x digital zoom
- 2.2" QVGA 16M colour internal screen
- Rich email functionality which supports attachments such as PPT, PDF, Word and Excel.
- MP3 music player with excellent stereo surround sound
- Two way video calling
The estimated retail price of the Nokia 6290 is 325 euros before subsidies or taxes.
Nokia 6086 Cameraphone - Compelling feature set, seamless connectivity
The Nokia 6086 allows consumers to stay in touch - in any environment. This quad-band GSM and UMA-enabled cameraphone hides its sophisticated circuitry in a classic design with a large keypad and intuitive user menu.
Other standard features of the Nokia 6086 phone include:
- Camcorder and video player
- Wire-free enhancement use and synchronization via Bluetooth
- VGA camera with 4X digital zoom
- 6MB free user memory and microSD slot to enable storage of your favorite music
- Up to 5 hours of talk time, 10 days of standby
The estimated retail price of the Nokia 6086 is 200 euros before subsidies or taxes.
Nokia 6300 - Clean styling, compact size
The Nokia 6300 is a mid-range model that represents an evolution of the modern monoblock design. Less than 13.1mm thin, the slim Nokia 6300 has a stainless steel frame that adds both design interest and strength. In addition to its organic curves and appealing design, the Nokia 6300 offers a robust range of easy-to-use features.
The Nokia 6300 includes:
- 2 megapixel camera, 8x digital zoom
- 2-inch QVGA screen
- USB/PC Synchronization
- In-box memory of 135MB, with support for up to 2GB microSD cards
- Voice dialing, voice commands and voice recording
- MP3 player, FM radio
- Integrated hands-free speaker
- Talk-time of up to 3.5 hours and a standby time of up to 14 days
The estimated retail price of the Nokia 6300 is 250 euros before subsidies or taxes.
Nokia 2626 - Tune into style
The Nokia 2626 is a colorful mobile phone designed for style-conscious consumers in emerging markets. The Nokia 2626 will be available in a range of bold colors, such as Fiery Red and Spatial Blue, and includes an FM radio for music on the go.
The estimated retail price of the Nokia 2626 is 75 euros before subsidies or taxes.
All four models are expected to begin shipping in the first quarter of 2007.
|View the News Archive for: 2007, 2006, 2005|